Sunday 8 December 2013

Merry Blog-mas !

The Christmas season has descended upon us with an array of twinkly coloured lights, gold tinsel and chirpy carols. And I couldn't be happier!
My Christmas tree popped up on the 28th of November. I've got the Michael Buble Christmas album on repeat and a stash of snickerdoodles at the ready.
If you're one of those people who hate Christmas then I apologise but this post is basically me obsessing about it like a child. Which, essentially, I am.
I open my advent calendar daily and wrote my 'letter to Santa' way back in mid-November. However; the one thing I haven't started to do yet is Christmas shopping.
.... I lie. Actually ....I did go shopping. Which was in December. So it's technically Christmas shopping, I just didn't buy presents for anyone.
I bought food. Lots of food. But don't judge me it's Christmas and the continental market in Belfast was too alluring. The smells of creamy chocolates, crispy churros and delightful dutch pancakes (Wow- my mouth's watering already), drew me in like a siren's song.
 
The twinkly lights draped from the domed ceiling in Victoria Square are so beautiful and romantic that you seem to forget where you are for a moment, along with the seven hundred odd Christmas trees that line the glass bridges and footpaths which lead up to the famous domed glass ceiling.
So; I got waylaid. (Also due to the models in Hollister.)
But my main point - Christmas is magical. So stop being a Grinch and get into the Christmas spirit!

Thank you for reading this post my dears.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I'll keep the Christmas posts coming along with some others for the Grinch's amongst us.

No comments:

Post a Comment